Monday, November 4, 2013

November 3rd-Renewal

November 3rd!
Today I am grateful for the sacrament! I found this great explanation of the sacrament on lds.org for those who might be curious.

"For Latter-day Saints, sacrament refers to the ordinance of partaking of bread and water in remembrance of Christ’s atoning sacrifice. The broken bread represents his broken flesh; the water represents the blood that he shed to atone for our sins (1 Cor. 11:23–25D&C 27:2). When worthy Church members take the sacrament, they promise to take upon them the name of Christ, to always remember him, and to keep his commandments. Through this ordinance, Church members renew their baptismal covenants."

My favorite part about the Sacrament is that it is a renewal of our baptismal covenants. Each week we can come with sorrowful hearts and we are promised as we take the sacrament that we can start again this next week. 

I have studied the sacrament a lot while I have been on my mission in Jacksonville and I have come to know the sacredness and importance of this ordinance. Now that I better understand the sacrament it has become a joy to take it each week. I don't know how I would get through a week without it. 

Click HERE! for an apostles words on the Sacrament. 

No comments: