Friday, November 15, 2013

November 12th-Following the leader

Today I am grateful for my leaders!
"Our leaders were mighty men in the faith of the Lord; and they taught the people the ways of the Lord"
-Jarom 1:7 ( The Book of Mormon )
"Now it was the custom among all the Nephites to appoint for their chief captains...some one that had the spirit of revelation and also prophecy"
-3 Nephi 3:19 ( also in The Book of Mormon )

A leader is not just someone who exercises power.They are someone who leads by example, who offers love and praise. I have been very blessed to have great leaders and teachers. I have learned a lot from their examples.
I am also grateful for the opportunities I have had in my life to be a leader and to learn from others and to grow.

What does it mean to you to be a leader?

2 comments:

Nadine said...

You are wonderful Sister Smedley! thank you for your generosity, and for the fun song today!

Unknown said...

No you are wonderful Sister Craig! Thank you for your stellar example :)
I am so glad that you enjoyed it! :)