Saturday, November 16, 2013

November 14th-Forgive and Forget

November 14th

Today I am grateful for forgiveness. Today I was told a story about a time that some one did something to another which many of us might think is unforgivable and would want revenge. But the person who was wrong turned the other cheek and said "I forgive you...you are still my friend." What an example of Christ-like forgiveness!
Because of these simple words and the forgiveness this person showed he changed both his offenders life and now mine.
Overall I am thankful for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and their perfect forgiveness. I know that each time that I stumble that I can repent and become clean. I can't imagine how God feels when we sin. He must be so disappointed but he will never hold it against us. He will forgive and forget!

"Behold, he who has repented of his sins, the same is forgiven, and I, the Lord, remember them no more."
- Doctrine and Covenants 58:42


No comments: