Thursday, October 24, 2013

One Reason I Love being Mormon

I named my blog Modern Mormon Miracles because something that is unique about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is that we still believe there are miracles! Every day!
I will now be posting one modern miracle each day on my blog! Yes that is right! Hold onto your hats and grab some popcorn and sit back and relax! My miracle today is this quote from Elder Jeffery R. Holland's talk during the October General Conference. ( for the full talk you can Click Here)
This talk meant so much to me personally and it is a stellar example of a modern day miracle. It is a miracle that we can have the knowledge that the ones we love that have disabilities can one day have perfect bodies and/or perfect minds. Those who could not walk will be able to run to our arms. Those who struggled with mental challenges will be able to speak to us with clear minds. The blind will be able to see and the deaf will be able to hear.
I have a close family friend,who is practically my brother, who passed away recently. He had been in a wheelchair the majority of his life. He was one of the most inspiring people that I had ever known. I know he had been in so much pain in this life but he never used his disability to do less than anyone else. I know that he is happy now and that he has no pain. I know that one day I will be able to see him walk and see his bright, loving smile. I have no doubt of this because I know he looks out for me. What a tremendous miracle.

No comments: