Tuesday, October 22, 2013

My Testimony

For my first blog post I wanted to do something very special. Something that is very special and dear to me is my testimony. A  testimony is an expression and personal witness of truth. These truths are
revealed to an individual through the holy ghost.

The things I share are very dear to me and I testify that what I say I have prayed long and hard to find an answer to and I have received a personal witness of these simple and powerful truths.

here we go...

Everything I know is centered around the knowledge that my Heavenly Father loves me and that he loves you! We are all his children and he loves us with a perfect love that we are unable to fully comprehend. I know that because he loves us he sent his Son Jesus Christ to pay the price for our sins so that we could return back to him. I know that everything in this gospel is because our Father in Heaven want us to return to live with him. If we live this gospel we can one day return to his loving embrace and he will be so excited to see us.
I know that because our Heavenly Father loves us he called a prophet to restore the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation which tells us why we are here and what we need to do to be able to return to Heavenly Fathers presence and live with our families forever. I know that we can live with our families forever and that the gospel can bless and strengthen families in this life.
We are given modern day prophets to lead and guide this church and this church was restored through a prophet named Joseph Smith- He saw God the Father and Jesus Christ! I know it and God knows it and he has let me know it through the spirit. When God restored the church through Joseph Smith the power to act in God's name was restored. This is the priesthood. I know the priesthood is real because I have seen it work in my life. I know that the power comes from God and not from man.
I know that with the priesthood the power of revelation was restored. We have a modern day prophet who works as the Lords mouth piece. I know that God has revealed many things to his prophets. These include the Word of Wisdom , the Law of Chastity, and other commandments. I know that these are not rules given by a man but by God. I know that living these standards will bless us in all aspects of our lives.
I know that The Book of Mormon is true. It is what holds everything together. I have asked specifically if the Book of Mormon is true and I have gotten a specific answer that it is true, that it is the word of God, and another testament of Jesus Christ. I know that anyone can read it, pray and receive the same witness.
I know that Jesus Christ suffered for my sins and that he knows exactly how I feel. He knows every heart ache, every rejection, and every pain.I know that he is near us, loves us, and knows how to help us.
and last I know that living this gospel, Christ's gospel, is the only way that we can truly be happy in this life and the life to come.

I have no doubt that the things I have told you are true.

If you have any question feel free to comment or visit mormon.org or lds.org.

I love y'all and hope you have a blessed day!


No comments: